The Government of Balochistan, Planning and Development Department launched “Assistance to Governance Reforms and Practices in Balochistan (AGRP-B)” Project in the province with the technical assistance of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to improve public services delivery through:
1- Strengthening and alignment of Provincial and Local Government institutions to implement devolution and related governance reforms;
2- Improvement in access to information for effective decision-making, planning and monitoring at provincial and local government levels;
3- Strengthening of participatory local governance mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibility of the incumbent would be to assist the NPM in financial management of the project. In this connection, he/she would undertake the following activities:
· Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial report and keep a track of all funds released by the UNDP.
· Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement in line with UNDP standard financial procedure.
· Provide regular reports of expenditure and budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as required and for audit contract.
· Prepare salary/rosters of the project staff and other short-term consultant and ensure timely payment of salaries.
· Prepare payment vouchers with complete supporting documentation and issue checks and advances to vendors concerned after approval from NDP/NPM.
· Maintain project petty expenses and ensure entries in petty cash register, also maintain general ledger to keep record of project accounts.
· Prepare tender documents, disseminate, prepare bids tabulation and ensure quality and quantity of goods before delivery, receive and check invoices form the suppliers and initiate payment requests.
· Provide all other financial flies in relation to all financial matters.
· Perform any other relevant duties as maybe assigned by the NPM
The candidates should hold at least a Bachelors degree in relevant discipline from recognized / accredited university / institute.