The support to Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a five year initiative of UNDP and Government of Pakistan. CPRSPD is based in Planning Commission of Pakistan and is mandated to undertake; Poverty Research and Analysis, Advocacy to influence public policy for pro – poor growth, and capacity building of staff (esp. public sector) to sustain project efforts. These objectives will be pursued in consonance with the GOP development strategy envisaged in Medium Term Development Strategy (MTDF) 2005-10, PRSP and Vision 2030.
Terms of Reference:
The Project Secretary will work under the overall supervision of National Project Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Manage supervisor's calendar, meetings, visitors, calls and travel. Arrange appointments, some involving high-ranking officials. Prepare multimedia presentations and take notes at the meetings. Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls.
· Take dictations on a variety of subject matters, type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential. Type reports for visiting missions.
· Receive and screen all incoming correspondence; log and route the same, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system. Screening of all incoming correspondence to signal urgency.
· Operate the telephone exchange and maintain telephone calls registers.
· Check outgoing correspondence for conformity with established procedures, protocol and accuracy before signatures by supervisor. Draft routine correspondence and ensure follow up.
· Maintain policy, confidential and general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval. Ensure retrievability of documents also kept by others. Maintain electronic files as well as papers.
· Select and make pertinent abstract and undertake searches for information on web sites, in library, in archives, etc. Prepare briefing material for supervisor.
· Perform liaison duties with other staff. Organize work and distribution of paper in/out flow within the office.
· Prepares monthly visitor's list and post it on the Internet. Scan business cards and maintain card database.
· Perform any other duties as directed by project management