This is re-advertisement, and those who applied earlier should not apply again
Terms of Reference
Senior Employment Generation Specialist
Centre for Research on Poverty Reduction and Income Distribution (CRPRID)
The Poverty Alleviation and Sustainable Development Facility (PAF) is a project funded by UNDP which started its operation from January 2002 for 5 years. The main component of the project is to support the Centre for Research on Poverty Reduction and Income Distribution (CRPRID) established in the Planning Commission of the Government of Pakistan (GoP) as an independent research institution.
The Senior Employment Generation Specialist will be responsible for leading CRPRID’s research on the impact of economic reforms on employment and on employment creation.
· Initiate research studies at national, regional, and sectoral level on employment and wage policy issues.
· Assess and monitor the impact of GoP wage and employment policies on growth, public and private investment, poverty, and income distribution.
· Provide substantive feedback to GoP on the impact of any new policy formulation on employment creation
· Maintain a database of relevant studies and data on employment and build links with public and private sector research institutions
· Undertake analysis of Government budgets, and public expenditure review with particular emphasis on its impact on employment
Knowledge of recent literature on the links between employment and the macro economy, informal labor markets, quality of work, employment creation policies, impact of trade reforms on labour markets, employment creation policies, labour force surveys would be added qualification.
Strong quantitative background, with experience in empirical work
Ability to work with primary data
Familiarity with survey design
Ability to communicate the results of applied economic research clearly both orally and in writing to policy makers
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as complete work in a timely manner.