The support to Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a five year initiative of UNDP and Government of Pakistan. CPRSPD is based in Planning Commission of Pakistan and is mandated to undertake; Poverty Research and Analysis, Advocacy to influence public policy for pro – poor growth, and capacity building of staff (esp. public sector) to sustain project efforts. These objectives will be pursued in consonance with the GOP development strategy envisaged in Medium Term Development Strategy (MTDF) 2005-10, PRSP and Vision 2030.
Terms of Reference:
The Project Manager under the supervision of National Project Director and in cooperation with the team of Project Staff will perform the following duties:
· Support the National Project Director (NPD) in the overall project management and implementation
· Act as a focal person on behalf of the UNDP during the implementation of the project besides coordinating with short term consultant as and when on board
· Responsible for day-to-day project management and office routines
· Assist NPD and UNDP in the selection and recruitment of project personnel and short term consultants
· Prepare project work plan and ensure that it is approved by the competent authority and implement all activities to achieve project objectives as envisaged in the project document / PC I.
· Keep track and maintain accounts of the project funds in line with the relevant guidelines of UNDP and PCOM
· Prepare and submit regular periodic progress reports (Annual Review Report, Quarterly Review Report) to NPD, UNDP and Steering
· Ensure that a proper monitoring system is in place with regular reporting and control
· Coordinate and facilitate the conduct of project evaluation
· Revise and monitor project management standards and procedures and propose recommendations for improvement to ensure project is managed effectively.
· Monitor the performance of the staff assigned to the project by communicating and providing feedback to improve performance.
· Provide input to performance appraisals of staff assigned to the project, determine staffing needs and delegate work assignments.
· Assure that all contractual obligations are adhered to and make the necessary contracts with required staff to ensure that implementation meets project targets.
· Follow-up the financial performance of the project in terms of preparing accurate and timely financial reports
· Submit required analytical progress reports (technical and financial) as required
· Facilitate the timely convening of PSC meetings and ensure participation of its members
· Organize high – level workshops / symposia and policy dialogues
· Identify and analyze policy issues of high impact through appropriate capacities (both within and outside the project)
· Based on the research conducted by the CRPRID, experiences and lessons gained from national / international research institutions, develop policy briefs for consideration of the Government to formulate various policy documents
· Ensure regular publication of the poverty reports for submission to the Government and other stakeholders
· Strongly interact with the PRSP Secretariat and provide substantial inputs into the formulation of PRSP
· Develop terms of reference for consultants and oversee their work including the provision of substantive feedback on the research methodology, design and its findings
· Supervise the production of research and analytical studies, advocacy material, best practices for poverty reduction and lessons learnt from public policies and interventions
· Posting and updating different reports / studies on webpage
· Support and guide the staff recruited for the project on a regular basis.
· Arranging technical training workshops for different stakeholders
· Develop close working relationships with all project participants and stakeholders at national and sub national levels to establish a shared vision of the project and achieve objectives
· Interact with other countries in the regional organizations such as SAARC, UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP), International Poverty Centre (IPC), relevant regional programs and develop close linkages of the CRPRID with other institutions of repute.
· Establish and maintain good working relations with the relevant government, ministries as well as higher-level stakeholder groups
· Encourage staff to report on fieldwork, highlight problems and possible solutions