Duties and Responsibilities:
Operationalization of PDMAs
· Assist PDMA in acquiring of office, staff and equipment.
· Provide support to PDMA for acquiring and management of funds
· Provide support to PDMA in development and approval of PC-1 in collaboration with relevant stakeholders for mitigation and preparedness activities
· Provide support to PDMA for developing their annual work plans for capacity building activities
· Provide support to PDMA in rolling out policy decisions with NDMA, provincial authorities and district authorities.
· Facilitate the development of a website & organogram of PDMA
Strengthening of PDMA’s
· Coordinate implementation of capacity building activities with provincial departments and district governments.
· Coordinate with the provincial Planning and Development Department in implementing sectoral guidelines for incorporating DRM into development planning
· Coordinate with various departments, NGOs/INGOs and other stakeholders on behalf of PDMAs.
· Facilitate in organizing drills and awareness raising activities.
· Coordinate provincial level contingency planning
· Develop and maintain a monitoring system to check progress of provincial departments in disaster risk reduction and ensure the achievement of outputs.
· Submit project reports to UNDP as per the schedule
The Provincial Disaster Risk Management Coordinator will report to the Planning and Institutional Development Coordinator under the National Project Manager of One UN DRM Joint Programme.