Section 1: General
The Ministry of Environment assumes sole responsibility for implementation of the provisions of the Montreal Protocol on the substances that deplete the Ozone layer. Keeping in view Pakistan’s commitments to the international community, Ozone Cell under the project entitled “Institutional Strengthening for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol for the phase-out of Ozone Depleting Substances (Phase-V)” with the financial assistance of Multilateral Fund of the Montreal Protocol has been established in this Ministry. UNDP is the implementing agency for this project. The Ozone Cell is the focal point for coordinating all activities for the implementation of the Montreal Protocol in Pakistan such as legislative, licensing, data reporting, providing technical and financial assistance to local industry to convert to ozone friendly technology, public awareness, and implementation of Refrigerants Management Plan, Solvents and Halons Management Plans, Hydrochlorofloro Carbons Phase out Management Plan and transition strategy for the CFC-Metered Dose Inhalers industry into Ozone friendly technology etc.
The Office Secretary will be required to perform the following services:-
· Assist his/her supervisor in routine matters.
· Type routine correspondence; provide background information and relevant files.
· Answer oral queries received from general public, other organizations, concerned industries & companies regarding various issues & activities of the project.
· Manage mail i.e. collecting, reviewing & sorting incoming mail / faxes / e-mail, passing to concerned officers for action and dispatching outgoing mail.
· Manage supervisor’s activities calendar including meetings, visitors, calls and travel. Arranges appointments. Operates multimedia presentations. Receives visitors, receives and screens telephone calls etc.
· Maintain all office / general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval. Ensures retrieve-ability of documents also kept by others. Maintain electronic files as well as papers, update files, maintains a detailed list of files
· Coordinate meetings within and outside the office. Ensure participants are informed in time and necessary documentation is circulated.
· Maintain list of addresses and contact numbers of relevant organizations, individuals and agencies.
Education/Degree: Bachelors degree
§ 3 years experience as Office Secretary and know how about the administrative procedure/affairs. Candidates having knowledge / experience on the Montreal Protocol Project or any other environmental project under the UNDP system will be given preference.
Section 3: Skills
§ Ability to effectively manage office equipment (e.g. Computer, photocopier, printer etc).
§ Excellent computer skills; MS Office, email, internet etc.
§ Familiarity with the Ozone Cell (Montreal Protocol Project) and other environmental issues will be preferable.
§ Good spoken and written English.
§ Knowledge of the UN system preferred.