Under the director supervision of the UNDSS Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) and Communications Manager (RTS), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Monitor radio calls, conduct radio checks and establish effective communications with other mobile radios and base-stations on the communications network and deliver the information to the concerned offices/ personnel.
2. Monitor & track United Nations missions and convoy movements throughout Pakistan and maintain the mission movement record informing the UN-DSS Office and/or concerned UN offices of any abnormal incident with all details, through all possible communication means.
3. Maintain updated lists of all concerned Sel-Calls/ Telephone/Cell-Phone/Emails communication and keep all the communication systems in good working condition at all times and report any faults immediately.
4. Maintain appropriate logs of all relevant communications and dispatch messages without delay to the receiving Officer/Unit.
5. Maintain strict confidentiality of all relevant messages sent and received through the radio room communications
6. Ensure that all network users are complying with operational radio procedures and maintain discipline on relevant networks.
7. Perform hourly checks of all base radio’s operational status on both simplex and repeater networks.
8. Advise FSCO & RTS immediately on faults in the telecommunication networks and undertake necessary action to provide a prompt reestablishment of service.
9. Assist in installation and arrangement of equipment and fixtures
10. Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports on activities of the unit as required by FSCO & RTS.
11. Perform other related duties as required by FSCO & RTS.