National- position directly managed by UNDP under UNDP service contract
Directly reporting to the UNDP Assistant Resident Representative or designate, and in close coordination with the National Project Director (Provincial Governments), GTZ Chief Technical Advisor and UNHCR’s Assistant Resident Representative, the key responsibilities of the RAA Programme Coordinator include:
Management Support and Coordination:
• Responsible for the facilitation of achievements of the overall results and performance of the RAA-RAHA project according to an agreed work plan. The PC will work in close collaboration with concerned officials and partners at the national, provincial and local levels to plan and implement the project.
• Provide strategic coordination support to all partners (Participating UN agencies, SAFRON, EAD, provincial governments of NWFP and Balochistan as well as partner NGOs) through information provision, meetings as appropriate.
• Identify areas for building synergies between partners, highlight duplication of effort, while actively building productive relations with programme stakeholders.
• Harmonize programme interventions with those of other donors/international organizations working in NWFP and Balochistan in pursuit of effective and efficient implementation.
• Support UNDP management in resource mobilization efforts for the 5-year RAA-RAHA programme. Act as a liaison with national partners, implementation partners, UNDP and other donors
Advisory and Technical:
• Provide advisory services to Government counterparts and especially the Special Development Unit (SDU) within the Planning and Development Department, Government of NWFP as well as Planning and Devlopment Department Government of Balochistan for effective implementation of programme activities.
• Provide technical backstopping to all programme components and ensure that activities are on track and in accordance with the Annual Work Plan.
• The PC will coordinate with UNDP Operation Division for procurement, contracting and financial management related to the project such as preparation TORs for sub-contracts, procurement documents etc.
Support to the Joint Programme Component Task Force and UNHCR:
• The Programme Coordinator will provide necessary support to the Joint Programme Component Task Force which will be co-chaired by secretaries of EAD and SAFRON, and UNHCR. The JPC Task Force will approve the annual workplan, review progress of the programme and decide on policy matters and issues beyond the scope of the provincial governments.
• UNHCR is the nominated convening agent of the RAA-RAHA programme and will act as secretariat for the JPC2. The PC therefore is expected to liaise closely with UNHCR staff working for the RAA-RAHA programme.
• The PC will facilitate provision of information to the JPC Task Force as required and provide progress and financial reports on the prescribed format.
Monitoring and Reporting:
• The PC will be required to carry out regular monitoring of the projects to ensure that the programme is achieving the required targets.
• Consolidate the work plan and progress reports from the NWFP and Balochistan PMUs for wider circulation.
• Ensure progress and financial reporting is meeting the timelines requested by donors and others for the programme.
• Undertake field visits for onsite verification of work and ensuring required standards; Supervise team of project staff and provide guidance and oversight to field operations/activities.
• Provide complete support to evaluation or monitoring missions by the UN agencies or the donors.