Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Company secretary is mainly responsible for managing corporate, secretarial and administrative matters of DTCE as per statutory standards under the Companies Ordinance 1984, administrative support to the CEO office and liaison with the CEO and functional teams at the headquarter and field level. In this capacity, company secretary will undertake the following jobs.
1. Be conversant with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance 1984, keep abreast of legal interpretation thereof and know the contents of the company’s memorandum and articles of association;
2. To ensure that the Companies legal responsibilities under the Companies Ordinance 1984 and other statutes and bye laws are correctly fulfilled and full compliance maintained with the memorandum and articles of the company;
3. To prepare, in consultation with the CEO, the agenda and other documents for regular, annual general meetings and extra ordinary general meetings of the Board of Directors;
4. To arrange with the CEO, to call and hold meetings of the Board of Directors and prepare minutes of meetings proceedings thereat and ensure follow up action as the decision taken in the meeting;
5. To attend the Board meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as may be necessary;
6. To maintain statutory books and registers, such as, register of members, register of mortgages and charges, register of directors, minute’s books of general meetings and of directors meetings;
7. Prepare and file various statutory returns required under the Companies Ordinance 1984. Coordinate with the Legal Counsel of DTCE to ensure that requirements of the DTCE Act and other laws are met;
8. Coordinate and take minutes of all meetings held at the DTCE, prepare and run presentations on DTCE for delegations, meetings and workshops. Keep proper records of all the meetings and attendance thereto;
9. Keep proper filing records of all outgoing and incoming correspondence from the CEO desk and assist in preparation of correspondence and meetings coordination.