NATCAP aims at developing EAD’s capacity for development, implementation and monitoring of UNDP Country Programme. It will enhance and supplement EAD’s capacity to facilitate One UN Reforms and play an effective role in aid coordination and management in line with Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness. The project provides an added initiative to identify and pilot creative and innovative interventions in emerging areas of UNDP CP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall direction of Policy Analyst, the Research Officer would be responsible for the following tasks.
· Present thoroughly researched information for background research & analysis for the next CCA/UNDAF cycle
· Assist in organizing national and sub-national consultations to identify and build consensus on key development issues
· Assist in the background analysis and preparatory work for annual, mid-term and final CPAP review;
· Compile the researched material in a systematic way and prepare background briefs/briefing notes as and when required.
· Provide effective support to management of the programme (and projects).
· Provide guidance to consultants/NIM project on routine implementation of the projects and monitor quality of work of consultants.
· Advise on quality of publications produced on behalf of or by NIM projects and other stakeholders
· Review the background and thematic papers that have already been developed and assess them in view of the research results.
· Compile, analyze and synthesize information for the Policy Analyst Senior Economist.
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the Policy Analyst/NPM.