The main role of the Associate Stress Counselor will be to support the Stress Counselor in building a sustainable stress management system in UN Offices in the country, and in improving critical incident stress management preparedness of the local UN security system in the case of an emergency.
Under the supervision of the Stress Counselor, the duties of the Associate Stress Counselor are:
1. To provide direct stress counseling services to UN staff and their dependents.
2. To travel regularly to UN sub-offices around the country in order to conduct staff psychosocial needs assessments, and to implement preventative and mitigating stress management activities accordingly.
3. To work extensively with female UN staff and family members in order to implement preventative and mitigating stress management activities.
4. To work with the Stress Counselor in ensuring that all stress management activities in UN offices in Pakistan are in line with the UN policies on Respect for Diversity and Gender Mainstreaming.
5. To identify, address and follow up on critical incident stress cases among UN staff and their dependents.
6. To liaise with local mental health care providers in order to build a network of professionals ready to support UN staff and families in case of a disaster;
7. To monitor the critical incident stress management program implementation in UN offices across the country, including data collection, analyses and documentation.
8. To conduct training sessions related to stress management and psychosocial support for UN staff;
9. To provide technical support, coordinate and facilitate the activities of the UNDSS Critical Incident Stress Intervention Cell (CISIC) at the country level.
10. To perform all other stress-related activities deemed necessary by the Stress Counselor.
11. To provide regular written reports on performed activities to the Stress Counselor.
Demonstrates Commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values.
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Treats all people fairly with favoritism
Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
In-depth knowledge on professional issues
Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development ,acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans
Strong IT skills
Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Leadership and Self-Management:
Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities