Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, the Logistics Assistant/Driver will be responsible for the following:
· Provide logistical support to the OCHA Office and assist in booking of tickets, obtaining visas, making hotel reservations for OCHA staff and office visitors.
· Ensure procurement of office consumables. Support the announcement of tenders and the collection of bids for larger purchases, including via email and internet.
· Coordinate transportation of staff, office visitors, office assets and supplies.
· Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items. Log official and daily trips, daily mileage and fuel consumption;
· Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the OCHA vehicles, perform minor repairs, refer vehicles to mechanic for servicing and major repair work, ensure vehicles kept clean;
· Supervise and advise other OCHA drivers, trips outside of the designated duty station, especially during high-level missions;
· Review bills submitted for maintenance of OCHA vehicles;
· Track logbook of the spare parts for OCHA vehicles. Keep in order OCHA assets in stock;
· Provide logistical ‘settlement’ support for newly recruited international staff;
· Act as a backstop for the security focal point for OCHA staff.
· Perform other duties as required;