The office of Wafaqi Mohtasib (ombudsman) proposes to establish a Policy Dialogue Forum which will serve as a platform for interaction between the relevant government and non-government stakeholders on various Accountability, Transparency and Integrity (ATI) issues in Pakistan. Therefore the consultant should have a fair idea of mandate, jurisdiction and services of this office. He is also expected to have clear understanding of the role of this office in strengthening ATI practices, improving service delivery and enhancing citizen’s access to information to ensure quality standards in governance and administrative justice in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop, propose and get approved the theme and structure for holding the annual meeting of the Policy Dialogue Forum (PDF) from the competent authority.
2. To develop benchmarks and assessment indicators for quality appraisal of the Forum outcome.
3. To organize pre-meeting coordination with PDF members to get their input and value addition in the preparation of draft working paper.
4. To establish a liaison with the participants and other stakeholders to make the PDF a participatory, meaningful and an output based exercise.
5. To ensure widespread coverage of the event in print and electronic media with the assistance of the communication officer and PR section of WMS, for the pre, in and post meeting session.
6. To record, consolidate, formulate and circulate the set of recommendations in consultation with the Implementing agency as a deliverable of the PDF exercise for a subsequent input into future policy making and strengthening the ATI (Accountability, Transparency and Integrity) practices in the country.
7. Any other outcome linked task assigned in relation to the PDF, by the Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat.
Deliverables of the PDF Consultancy
· A detailed work plan of the Policy Dialogue Forum activities, program pre requisites and checklists.
· Based on the finalized PDF thematic construct by the PMU/IP, a functional concept paper of the forum (defining how the theme will be reflected in different forum activities).
· Thematic background material, working papers, discussion agendas and talking points (in alignment with the theme of the forum and its respective constituent sessions).
· Working documents and resource material for the participants group work.
· The final synthesized, consolidated and published PDF Report (inclusive of group discussion outcome, recommendations and the future plan of action and follow up).
· Plan note for the PDF Report dissemination.