Background: Pakistan has been selected as one of the 8 pilot countries for the UN Reform process “Delivering as One”. In consultation with the GoP, 5 thematic working areas have been identified for the UN’s One Programme, namely Agriculture, Rural Development & Poverty Reduction; Disaster Risk Management; Education; Environment and Health & Population. For each area, a thematic working group (TWG) has been formed to carry out the formulation of the respective Joint Programme (JP). With the planning phase approaching its closing stages, the UNCT and TWGs are embarking on the implementation stage of the One Programme
Responsibilities in Outline: The candidate selected will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the the Co-Chairs of the respective TWG, and in consultation with the Senior Coordination Officer in the Office of the Resident Coordinator. The principal function of the post is support the TWG through the Co-Chairs in the collaborative, efficient and coherent implementation of the respective Joint Programme (JP) and the JP Components (JPC). A secondary function is to ensure the effective linkages, where relevant, between Joint Programmes (JP) to ensure common approaches, common procedures and common reporting.
The detailed tasks and responsibilities will include:
Facilitating Joint Programme Implementation:
· Provide strategic support to the TWGs (and through them to the JP Steering Committees) and to the Inter-Agency Working Groups (and through them to the JP Component Task Forces) to facilitate the start of implementation of the respective JPs and JP Components as they enter the implementation phase, including collating and sharing budget information, producing and editing donor reports from the JP and the JP Component level, and facilitating the monitoring of JP Component implementation;
· Provide advice on implementation modalities, integration of the cross-cutting issues and establishment of common procedures among JPs to the JP Co-Chairs and to the Participating UN Agencies of the respective JP;
· Facilitate effective coherence and coordination among the Participating UN Agencies and with other stakeholders on the implementation of the JPs and JP Components;
· Under the specific direction of the Co-Chairs, maintain contacts and exchange information with other JPs through their respective Co-Chairs, with the Office of the Resident Coordinator staff (especially in M and E, budget information system and donor reporting), with senior UN agency staff, with Government officers, and with donor agency personnel;
· Facilitate technical level communications between Participating UN Agencies at the JP Component level and the Office of the Resident Coordinator;
· Support and facilitate contacts with the UN Provincial Coordination Teams to assist in the implementation of Joint Programme activities in the respective Provinces.
Monitoring and Reporting:
· Support the UN Participating Agencies in the respective Joint Programme to implement the Joint Programme Component monitoring and evaluation plans (in close collaboration with the UN M and E Network) and on behalf of the Co-Chairs and Participating UN Agencies, ensure that the Participating Agencies are documenting the progress against the required targets; through collection, dissemination and consolidation of information on the respective JP and its related JP Components, to outcome and output level
· Under the specific direction of the Co-Chairs and in close consultation with the Participating UN Agencies, prepare documents and correspondences related to the respective Joint Programme to be shared with donors and other partners for clearance and transmission by the Co-Chairs.
· Prepare progress reports on behalf of the Co-Chairs and through close consultation with Participating UN Agencies, which will form the UN’s strategic monitoring tools addressing results and impact of the respective joint programme such as;
o Key implementation issues and risks affecting implementation, and proposed mitigating strategies.
o Document experiences and strategic lessons learnt.
o Budgetary and financial expenditure details.