· Manage the development and enhancement of the Development Assistance Database (DAD) system to meet the evolving needs of the EAD officials in ministries, and the assistance community more generally.
· Ensure that the DAD meets the highest standards of user-friendliness, including by improving the reporting function and developing user guidance.
· Manage the professional development of the Database by directly providing and facilitating the high level technical training.
· Develop capacity of EAD counterparts and gradually transfer direct responsibility for the further development and maintenance of the DAD system.
· Develop innovative ways of making the DAD data available to users who do not have Internet access, including by enhancing the existing offline DAD application.
· In partnership with sub-contractors, Synergy directly assists in training EAD and other ministerial colleagues in using the DAD effectively. Prepare user guides.
· Provide IT support to Aid Coordination Cell colleagues in EAD, including improving network functionality.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
· Masters degree in computer science, IT or related field.
· At least seven years of relevant experience in database design, development and maintenance.
· Highly proficient in Visual Basic, web technologies, including HTML, and ASP. Knowledge of MS Visual Studio 6.0 is desirable.
· Ability design and conduct training of senior officials on database applications, software and system management.