Under the guidance and supervision of Joint Secretary, EAD, the HR Analyst is responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies for NIM SC holders, effective delivery of HR services and management of the NATCAP team. He/she analyses, interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, establishes internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues pertaining to SC holders. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the NATCAP HR team. The HR Analyst works in close collaboration with the EAD, UNDP Programme and Operations staff ensuring successful NATCAP performance in HR management. He/She demonstrates full compliance of HR activities with PCOM rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment Services for NIM Projects
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) on NIM Recruitment
· Management of recruitment processes including review of Terms of Reference, post classification, vacancy announcement, screening of eligible candidates, provide facilitation to NIM projects for short-listing of candidates, participating in interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment. Oversight of recruitment under UNDP projects.
· Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment in the NIM Projects, proper use of contractual modalities.
· Review recruitment documentation and submit to UNDP for final clearance.
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) on NIM project staff contract management
· Management of Service Contracts. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, and separations.
· Issue offer letters and Service Contracts, Negotiate salaries in line with guidelines of PCOM using fair and consistent practices.
· Keep track of contract expiries and notify projects prior to expiry of contracts for contract extensions.
· Manage contracts extensions and amendments effectively.
· Review Performance Appraisals of SC holders and award merit base increase.
Oversight of HR function
· Ensure full compliance of HR activities with PCOM rules and regulations, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
· Ensure that actual costs do not exceed budgeted amounts, and funds to cover personnel costs are charged against the correct budget account code.
· Maintain a close liaison with UNDP for effective delivery of HR services to NIM Projects.
Benefits and Entitlement Management
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) on NIM project staff benefits and entitlement
· Management of Social Security Benefits of SC holders, enrolment into National Medical coverage plan, National Life Insurance personal accident for death and disability insurance, National Providence Fund Scheme and Gratuity.
HR Advisory Services
· Provide value added HR Advisory services to EAD and NIM Projects.
· Handle grievance and disciplinary cases in accordance with PCOM
· Ensure that proper electronic and physical HR records are maintained for audit purposes that includes recruitment documentations, leave rosters of all NIM SC holders, quarterly progress reports, contracts extensions etc.
Revision of Salary Scales
· Revise salary scales for NIM SC holders periodically as per PCOM provisions.
· Ensure that all NIM SC holders get revised salaries based upon revision of salary scales.
· Incorporate salary change in the contracts of NIM SC holders through contract amendments.
Reporting to: Joint Secretary, EAD and HR Manager, UNDP