Under the director supervision of the UNDSS Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Monitor radio calls, conduct radio checks and establish effective communications with other mobile radios and base-stations on the communications network and deliver the information to the concerned offices/ personnel.
2. Monitor & track United Nations missions and convoy movements throughout Pakistan and maintain the mission movement record informing the UN-DSS Office and/or concerned UN offices of any abnormal incident with all details, through all possible communication means.
3. Maintain updated lists of all concerned Sel-Calls/ Telephone/Cell-Phone/Emails communication and keep all the communication systems in good working condition at all times and report any faults immediately.
4. Handle normal electronic switchboard operations.
5. Establish contacts with UN/Chartered Aircrafts and inform the concerned flight coordinators with all details.
6. Act as a backup station for the onward transmission of messages from one UN office to other and vice versa.
7. Perform any other duties assigned by UN-DSS Office.