Duties and responsibilities:
The advocacy and communication specialist will be responsible for the following:
• To be the lead person in managing the advocacy and communications component of the project
• To develop, refine and readjust the communication strategy and policies of the project by assessing information dissemination needs inline with the Projects’ strategic objectives
• To develop communication protocols, policies and corporate identity of the project in line with the UNDP’s overall communications guidelines
• To enhance the marketability of the project by ensuring greater visibility of the project through dissemination of relevant information to the right stakeholders
• To enhance the access of the target population to Project services through information sharing and networking
• To provide strategic inputs and manage project’s internal and external communications operations
• To develop effective relations with print and electronic media for managing projects media related activities in an efficient manner, including but not limited to organizing meetings with media representatives, editors, senior columnists, owners of media channels/newspapers and with other stakeholder in line with project visibility policy/communications strategy
• To organize media events such as: press conferences, interviews of key project staff and stakeholders on public & private channels of TV & radio, newspapers, magazines, and journals, etc.
• To design, print and disseminate IEC material, publications, multimedia and/ or web-based information, and provide quality control in line with the Project’s corporate identity standards
• To ensure that regular publications (case studies, research reports/ papers, Project updates, occasional papers, newsletters, etc.) are printed, and updated (in case of website) in a timely and consistent manner
• To review the information on the project’s and UNDP’s websites on a regular basis and provide content development support and ensure web-site promotion on regular basis
• Act as website moderator for regular maintenance, updation and smooth performance of the Project website and ensure that all project related activities are projected on the website.
• To guide and support the GJP funded sub-projects focusing on advocacy and awareness raising for ensuring complementarities among sub-projects and with the GJP’s advocacy and communication interventions for achieving greater impact
• To document case studies, lessons learnt, etc. for Project web-site, advocacy campaigns and reports
• To perform any other duties as required by the National Project Manager (NPM) for achieving the above objectives.
Equally qualified females are particularly encouraged to apply.