Duties and Responsibilities:
The National Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Provide strategic coordination support to all projects funded through GJP fund through information provision, convening of thematic coordination forums, meetings or orientation sessions as appropriate.
• Identify areas for building synergies between projects funded through GJP fund, highlight duplication of effort, while actively building productive relations with all VAW stakeholders and partners.
• Ensure effective management and coordination of projects funded through GJP fund with special emphasis on creation and development of close working relations with all stakeholders, and especially the Government of Pakistan and civil society.
• Harmonize project interventions funded through GJP fund with those of other donors/ International Development Agencies, and CSOs in pursuit of effective and efficient implementation. Identify areas for cooperation to generate increased recognition of UNDP gender equality initiatives in Pakistan.
• Liaison with various partners to create demand and supply for the GJP funds
• Ensure that the project and its activities get adequate coverage and visibility in media and GJP participates meaningfully in VAW forums.
Monitoring and Reporting:
The National Project Manager will be required to carry out monitoring of the project to ensure that it is achieving the required targets, and to ensure the following to the UNOPS, UNDP and GSP:
• Annual project work plan submitted within 15 days of the end of the calendar year.
• Annual, bi-annual and quarterly progress reports submitted within 15 days of the end of the respective term. The reports will be strategic monitoring tools addressing:
• Consolidated sub-project results and impact
• Outcome reporting against GJP & GSP LFA
• Key implementation issues and risks affecting work-plan implementation and proposed mitigating strategies.
• Document experiences and strategic lessons learnt.
• Budgetary and financial expenditure details.
• Facilitate the convening of Project Steering Committee and the GJP Fund Management Committee meetings and serve as their Secretariat
• Prepare annual work-plan and budget.
• Prepare the Monitoring & Evaluation and Advocacy & Communication plans for the project, in consultation with respective specialists, PR&GU and GSP-PMSU.
• Assist project implementation in close collaboration with the Programme Officer, PR&GU and GSP Coordinator to ensure conformity and coherence with project outputs and compliance with PCOM and UNOPS procedures. For example facilitate recruitment, subcontracting, procurement processes to expedite project delivery.
• Facilitate timely budget revisions to ensure effective delivery
• Assist the partner organizations, especially Government organizations, seeking funding to complete the project proposal format in accordance with the requirements set.
• Support the selection & recruitment of the project staff
• To carry out the project work plan activities as per the schedule.
• Management of project staff and ensure that their inputs are provided in a timely manner, and provide overall guidance.
• Provide substantive value addition /inputs to the project, particularly to its implementation and development.
• Any other duty assigned by ARR/Chief Poverty Reduction and Gender Unit., Programme officer or GSP Programme Coordinator.
• To assist in the mobilization of resource pools for project partners and prepare agreements in line with resource pool requirements.
• Manage the mobilization and provision of inputs of the project and production of outputs, according to the project document and the procedures.
Equally qualified females are particularly encouraged to apply.