Scope of Position: Working under the overall supervision of the Director of Operations, the Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions:
1. Advise CO Senior Management on all aspects of Human Resources Policies, Procedures & Substance and provide proactive and innovative approaches to delivery of HR services as well as strategic & policy issues. Participate in the development of SRF on Management and CO Work-plan.
2. Play a lead role in strategic workforce planning of the UNDP Country Office(CO) through alignment of staff profile and placement needs with evolving needs of the CO. For this purpose, Plan & implement the recruitment activities of the CO.
3. Enhance quality of CO/NEX through a competency based, competitive selection, ensure consistency & transparency of appointment and promotion cases in accordance with PCOM. Advise on appropriate contractual modalities, benefits & entitlements and negotiate regarding remuneration.
4. Supplement the UNDP Senior Management efforts in maintaining harmony between management & staff. Represent the management in negotiations with staff, staff representatives and at inter-agency bodies dealing with Human Resources Issues.
5. Manage the Human Resources Unit through effective staff supervision & mentoring, policy guidance and regular work planning & monitoring. Manage HRU portfolio and conduct annual Results and Competency Assessment (RCA) process for the HRU staff. Prepare correspondence of a complex or sensitive nature and maintain confidential files.
6. Keep abreast of changes in HR rules & regulations, provide interpretation & give recommendations to senior mgmt. for decision-making and follow up actions. Implement corporate HR Policies, Practices & Procedures. Propose revision of HR practices and develop new guidelines at CO level, where necessary.
7. Encourage staff members to benefit through HQs Learning Resource Centre (LRC), Educational Assistance Programme (EAP), Sabbatical opportunities,and assist Country Office Learning Committee in cultivating a culture of learning in the CO.
8. Convene the RCA process at the CO, facilitate Career Review Group (CRG) meetings and CO Salary Survey Process.Convene Appointment & Promotion Panel (APP) meetings and advise APP on policy issues.
9. Advise Senior Management and ensure appropriate action on disciplinary matters in accordance with established rules and procedures. Mediate conflict, grievance and harassment cases.
10. Facilitate UNDP HQ in administering International staff, ensure quality service delivery to UN Agencies