1. Ensure the management of front-desk service focusing on achievement of the following results:
• As the UN-desk receptionist, monitor all incoming visitors to the office issue them visitor’s pass and direct them to the staff concerned.
• Guide visitors to UN House and facilitate their access to information related to UN/UNDP; orient them to relevant staff for further queries/information.
• Operate and manage the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
• Make weekly check and test of all trunk lines, arrange and update appropriate telephone greetings.
• Custodian of office telephone system, maintain recording information in the system, handle minor technical problems, report to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
• Be familiar with relevant websites and effective use of Internet, provide accurate UN/UNDP related information to requestors.
• Management of the UN/UNDP publications at the reception area.
2. Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Support to the CO administrative business processes mapping.
• Full compliance of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) in administration.
• Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team workplans.
3. Ensure the most updated UN staff information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collect and update UN staff information on a monthly basis and ensure all data and information is correct and accurate.
• Update the UN House telephone list and UNDP staff mobile phone list.
• Ensure the backup is available when taking leaves.
4. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Keep abreast with the name of all UN staff and job detail to provide information to all visitors and guest.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO administrative services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNDP capability in provision of administrative services.
Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning:
Shares knowledge and experience
Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to front desk service, transportation management and updating of staff information
Knowledge of financial rules and regulations
IT skills; use of computer’s applied software
Leadership and Self-Management:
Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Remains calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
He/she should be able to communicate, write and read in English and perform as an effective team member with good organizational, problem solving and result-oriented skills.
Qualified Women are particularly encouraged to apply.