Under the overall supervision of the Project Officer assist in the timely delivery of the project inputs as outlined in the project documents in line with UN rules and regulations.
More specifically, the incumbent will:
· Familiarize himself/herself with project document(s) and assist in ensuring on part of counterpart law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, full understanding of project(s) objectives and strategy and counterpart obligations and inputs.
· Understand and assist in managing project outputs and deliverables, project controls, project correspondence, and project reporting (Annual & Interim Progress Reports, Mission Reports etc).
· Compile and disseminate information/documents on project activities, in consultation with Project Officer.
· Assist the Project Officer in effecting timely delivery of all UNODC project inputs and coordinate counterpart agencies’ inputs to ensure successful project implementation.
· Assist in developing project work plan. Develop and maintain project work schedule/project action item list using MS Project with Project Officer’s inputs.
· Assist the Project Officer in making preparations for mid-term review and project evaluation.
· Prepare ProFi based budget proposals/budget revisions in consultation with the Project Officer and obtain related clearances from HQs.
· Assist in project risk management by ensuring effective coordination at all levels and by maintaining current/updated knowledge of project status, in order to minimize potential problems.
- Ensure effective communications with all team/unit members.
- Provide day-to-day support regarding project implementation ensuring conformity to expected results, outputs, objectives and work plans.
TD/PAK/I47 Computer Based Training Programme (CBT):
- Support the Project Officer in coordinating UNODC inputs for the production of a CBT programme, facilitate installation in and management of training centers in Pakistan, organize provision of equipment to agencies.
- Deputize for Project Officer as required.
- Process all related payment requests (dues, DSA etc) favoring vendors/stakeholders through obtaining necessary clearances and authorizations and ensuring payments are effected promptly.
- Prepare related financial reports using ProFi to ensure effective financial/budgetary tracking of the project.
- Draft all related correspondence and communications including compiling and organizing documents.
- Maintenance of proper filing systems (electronic and hardcopies) ensuring files and documentation are upheld in good order.
- Maintain strong follow up at all levels, ensuring timely delivery of project outputs.
- Ensure flow of information and dissemination of materials with all concerned.
- Organize all related procurement taking into account UN established strategic procurement mechanisms.
- Ensure all reporting and/or submission deadlines from HQs are met.
- Provide logistical support (DSA, Travel etc) for related meetings, workshops, trainings, missions etc
- Provide required logistical and other support to Project Officer/Stakeholders etc
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
UNODC reserves the right to offer candidates positions below the advertised career level.