The Assistance to Governance Reforms and Practices in Balochistan (AGRP-B) project is a key governance initiative of UNDP and the Government of Balochistan, implemented by the Planning and Development Department, GoB. AGRP-B interventions evolve around three main components: Strengthening provincial and LG institutions for effective implementation of devolution and related reforms; improving access to information for effective planning, implementing and monitoring of development activities and establishment of participatory mechanisms for effective community participation. Replication and up scaling of successful pilots such as Participatory Information Systems (PIS), District Management Information Centres (DMICs) and Balochistan Land Records Management Information System (BLRMIS) constitute majors project interventions.
The project strategy envisages the integration of project interventions with other GOB, UNDP and donor assistance to develop synergies and avoid duplication; the adoption of participatory process to ensure that targets groups, including concerned line agencies, local government institutions, elected local representatives, civil society partners and communities are fully involved in the design and implementation of project outputs to ensure ownership and sustainability; the adoption of gender sensitive strategies and actions to address specific gender concerns related to the project areas of intervention; cross-thematic linkages with Millennium Development Goals (MDG) related sectors, particularly concentrating on poverty and gender issues in areas to be addressed under the project; consistency of project outputs with the provincial policies and programs for improving the public services delivery mechanisms and support the achievement of MDGs and the promotion of learning and exchange of experience with similar initiatives in the country.
The key responsibilities would include:
1. She/he will be responsible for the operational management of the production of project outputs according to the project document.
2. Select, recruit and supervise project administrative support staff in consultation with NPD.
3. Prepare and revise the project work plans, budgets and financial plans.
4. Ensure proper organization and management of project records, files, inventory and documentation. Ensure compliance with UNDP procedures and policies for NEX projects and audit standards
5. Organize and manage project activities according to the work plan in order to produce the outputs.
6. Efficient management of human and financial resources to ensure unhindered flow of activities.
7. Oversee the work of project staff/sub-contractors and ensure timely submission of required outputs;
8. Co-ordinate and supervise project technical personnel.
9. Prepare and submit the Annual Project Report (APR) and any other required progress report and ensure that reports are prepared by project personnel as required.
10. Report to the NPD on regular basis.
11. Identify and resolve any implementation problem with the assistance of NPD if necessary.
12. Co-ordinate and organise tripartite review meetings, and meetings of PSC.
13. Develop effective linkages with other programs of the similar nature in the Province.