A full time Governance Specialist will be recruited to assist the NPM to manage and implement the Institutional Development Component (components-I listed under section 6.1 Description of the Project) of the project in an effective and efficient manner. The GovS will be responsible for ensuring high quality advisory and implementation support to achieve the objectives and outputs of the project in relevance to the Institutional Development Component. The GovS will work under the supervision of the NPM for meeting the objectives of the project. The GovS will work at least 5 days of his/her time monthly in the districts.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The GovS will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of all capacity building activities listed under component of “Institutional Development” in the Project Document in collaboration with HRD Specialist;
2. The GovS will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of all Project activities focusing the local government institutions;
3. The GovS will be responsible for the production of the research studies listed for institutional development and support to devolution in the project area;
4. The GovS will closely liaise with the District Governments to enhance their understanding of the system and communicate their concerns to the provincial local government department and Balochistan Local Government Commission;
5. The GovS will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of project activities planned for strengthening of Balochistan Local Government Commission;
6. The GovS will be responsible for monitoring of field activities related to her/his component;
7. The GovS will prepare and submit regular monitoring/progress reports to the Project Coordinator related to her/his component;
8. The GovS will be responsible for the preparation of the work plans related to his/her component and ensure its proper implementation;
9. The GovS will be responsible for identifying special policy issues related to her/his component for research and analysis for drawing lessons for replication and sustainability of the systems that have been put in place;
10. The GovS will ensure the gradual transfer of the responsibilities that the project staff is undertaking to ensure the sustainability of project activities and a proper exit strategy of each of the main activities related to his/her component. She/He will also prepare and implement the exit strategy for her/his component of the project;
11.Any other work that he may be assigned by the NPM.