Under the immediate supervision of the UNDSS Chief Security Officer (CSA), the Local Security Assistant (LSA) will provide assistance in the implementation of the security plan and all the administrative matters relating to safety and security management.
He or She will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative support to the CSA in case of crisis to provide update to staff and their dependents, staff movement, mission details, and dissemination of information among SMT members, Staff and SFPs. Coordination with regional Offices and ASCs in updating their data and compiling reports.
2. Be familiar with the other essential functions within UNDSS such as the UN Pakistan Identity Card (ID) processing, Database and Security Clearance Coordination.
3. Provide general administrative support to the UN-DSS office and maintain routine and confidential correspondence files, and policy related documents and ensure they are cross-referenced and filed as appropriate.
4. Initiate the HR issues of CSA Office relating to hiring, contracts, Results and Competencies Assessment (RCAs) and other UNDP liaison issues.
5. Assist in the management of the CSA Core budget, CSA cost share and UN Common Radio room budget.
6. Provide guidance for all administrative matters to regional Field Security Coordination Officers (FSCOs) in UN DSS Offices in Karachi, Peshawar, Lahore, Muzaffarabad & Quetta as well as the relief operations hubs of Bagh, Abbotobad, Battagram and Mansehra.
7. Act as Focal Point with UNDP on administrative matters, performing as the conduit between UNDSS, UNDP, UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes for follow-up action.
8. Identify the Equipment needs and develop the Annual Procurement plan for UN-DSS office in Islamabad as well as the Regional Offices.
9. Supervise all UN Radio Rooms administrative functions for HR, procurements, finance related activities and other administrative issues related to all UN Radio rooms located in Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Muzaffarabad, Islamabad and the relief operations hubs.
10. Supervise all activities related to travel e.g preparation of Travel Authorizations (TAs), book flights and make travel arrangements for UNDSS staff
11. Manage UNDSS vehicle servicing activities and records in close cooperation with OSSU UNDP.
12. Other general administrative tasks like the maintenance of a central petty cash record, maintaining the filing system, the drafting of minutes and support for smooth running of office resources.
13. Active participation in all security related exercises in terms of administration. Arrange and Coordinate different security meetings, workshops and trainings throughout the year as required by the FSCO and with reference to the yearly plan of action.
14. Until such time as UNDP assumes full control of services for UNDSS regarding HR, Budget, Recruiting and procurement issues, initiate process and follow-up on all UNDSS administration with UNDP as follows:
i. Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
ii. Initiate timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions and unapproved vouchers.
iii. Creation of requisitions in Atlas and register the receipt of goods.
iv. Making budget checks for requisitions.
15. Represent UN DSS at various meetings in accordance with mission requirements and as directed by the CSA or the Deputy Security Advisor (DSA).
16. Organize and Coordinate shipments, customs clearances and the preparation of all related required documentation.
17. Prepare required documents regarding visa extensions, R&R requests, UNLP renewals, CBR booklet and non-diplomatic ID card for initial processing and renewal.
18. Perform additional duties as assigned by the CSA or DSA.
Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Communication: Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
Solid analytical and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills. A high level of motivation, initiative, dedication, intuition an attention to details. Flexibility in the face of changing conditions and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Computer literacy with proficiency in modern computer software especially word-processing.
ï‚§ Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
ï‚§ Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
ï‚§ Ability to travel
ï‚§ Physically fit
Qualified Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.