On 8 October, 2005, Pakistan was rocked by an earthquake measuring 7.6 on the Richter scale. This earthquake has devastated, Azad Jammu and Kashmir and northern parts of the NWFP. The earthquake has affected more than 5 million people with more than 2.5 million in need of immediate relief support. The Federal and Provincial Governments, Donors, NGOs and UN System rushed relief assistance to the affected areas and relief efforts are still continuing.
To cope with this enormous task of rehabilitation and reconstruction in the disaster affected areas, the Government of Pakistan has established the Earthquake Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Authority (ERRA). In response to the request from the Government of Pakistan, UNDP will support ERRA in carrying out its mandate through programmatic and institutional capacity building and strengthen ERRA’s capacity in programme planning and implementation, through “Technical Assistance for Management of Earthquake Early Recovery” (TAMEER).
2. Terms of Reference
Under the overall supervision of Program Officer, CPRU, UNDP, the Programme Associate would perform the following tasks.
1. Provide assistance in ensuring timely and cost effective mobilization of UNDP inputs to produce result-oriented outputs by reviewing project work plans, monitoring progress and finding ways and means for improving project management strategy.
2. Initiate and maintain close contact with Government Officials and other development partners to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
3. Process recruitment of project staff, draft Terms of Reference and undertake follow-up activities in recruitment and selection of appropriate candidates.
4. Coordinate with the office staff for timely mobilization of UNDP Country Office Support Services and work effectively to resolve implementation bottlenecks.
5. Work in close collaboration with UN agencies
6. Draft correspondence, compile and organize documents. Receive and review requests from project field offices regarding procurements, subcontracts and quarterly advances.
7. Ensure completion of all necessary documentation before submission to donor
8. Generate, monitor and check financial reports.
9. Carry out routine budget revisions in consultation with Crises Prevention & Recovery Unit.
10. Maintain a good filing system, electronic or otherwise, of the programme.
11. Compile and disseminate information/ documents on project activities as required by Program Officer or Unit Chief.
12. Provide all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions.
13. Prepare project budgets and maintain financial disbursements.
14. Presentation of information for internal and external audit of project.
15. Receive and check invoices from suppliers and initiate payment requests
16. Assist in processing financial claims and facilitate approval through ensuring appropriate documentation and record keeping
17. Monthly monitoring visits towards project offices for provision of feedback for financial and progress reports
18. Responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items.
19. Prepare payment vouchers with complete supporting documents