The support to Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a five year initiative of UNDP and Government of Pakistan. CPRSPD is based in Planning Commission of Pakistan and is mandated to undertake; Poverty Research and Analysis, Advocacy to influence public policy for pro – poor growth, and capacity building of staff (esp. public sector) to sustain project efforts. These objectives will be pursued in consonance with the GOP development strategy envisaged in Medium Term Development Strategy (MTDF) 2005-10, PRSP and Vision 2030.
Terms of Reference:
The Admin and Finance Assistant will work under the overall supervision of National Project Manager and will be responsible for the following:
· Ensure the implementation of UNDP Financial and Admin related policies in the Project;
· Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial reports and keep a track of all funds released by the Project;
· Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement in line with the UNDP standard financial procedures.;
· Maintain ledger of financial commitments and advances, ensure settlement of advances in accordance with agreed contract;
· Prepare salary/ rosters of the project staff and other short-term consultants, if needed and ensure timely payment of salaries;
· Prepare payment vouchers with complete supporting documents and issue cheques and advances to vendors concerned after approval from the competent authority;
· Maintain project petty expenses and ensure entries in petty cash register, maintain general ledger to keep record of project accounts.;
· Provide support to prepare tender documents, disseminate, prepare bids tabulation and ensure quality and quantity of goods before delivery; receive and check invoices from the suppliers and initiate payment requests;
· Responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items. Also responsible for the project file management i.e. to maintain an accessible filing system in the project.
· Act as focal person for yearly project audit;
· Prepare contracts for the project staff, process medical & insurance claims.
· Assist in the preparation of monitoring and progress controls set in place by UNDP as per the PCOM;
· Assist with all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops conferences;
· Prepare different correspondences on the above matters and ensure follow up system;
· Prepare project budgets and maintain financial disbursements and monitoring systems for monthly submission to UNDP;
· Assist in processing financial claims and facilitate approval through ensuring appropriate documentation and record keeping in accordance with PCOM rules;
· Handle all financial, matters of the workshops meetings and seminars organized under the project;
Act as focal person for projects audit;
· Perform any other related duty as and when required
(Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)