Ministry of Environment is launching the first phase of a UNDP-GEF & GoP funded project on “Sustainable Land Management to combat Desertification in Pakistan”. The overall goal of the project is to combat land degradation and desertification in Pakistan in order to protect and restore ecosystems and essential ecosystem services that are key to reducing poverty. The main objectives are to strengthen institutional capacity, create an enabling environment, and demonstrate good practices – all in an effort to help remove key barriers to Sustainable Land Management (SLM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the over-all guidance of the Provincial Project Director (PPD), direct supervision of the Provincial Project Coordinator (PPC) and in coordination with Admin and Finance Officer (AFO) at National Coordination Unit, the Admin & Finance Assistant (AFA) will perform the following accounting and administrative tasks for the Provincial Coordination Unit (PCU):-
- Provide inputs for preparation of cost recovery bills in Atlas for the service & follow up on cost recovery.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports, including approval of vendors; preparation of all types of Purchase Order vouchers, salary processing etc;
- Maintain internal control system which ensures that vouchers matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted; and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Maintain up to-date information on the status of financial resources,
- Prepare multimedia presentations and take notes at the official meetings;
- Maintain accounts, receivables and recording of deposits;
- Manage petty cash follow & maintain proper filling system of financial records;
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations and management of project accounts;
- Meeting all budget and accounts related deadlines;
- Prepare quarterly advance requests and quarterly & annual financial statements;
- Provide secretarial backstopping, including assistance in recruitment of support staff and procurement process;
- Act as a storekeeper for all purchases and procurement of office stationery including maintaining record of fax/photo copier usage.
- Assist in handling logistical and administrative matters of the project, including workshops, meetings, seminars, leave accounts etc.;
- Provide assistance for the project budget revisions.
- Making logistical arrangements for the project staff to ensure smooth operations including maintenance of logbooks of project vehicles;
- Act as focal person for internal and external financial audits;
- Perform any other task assigned by the PPD, PPC and AFO.