The project requires services of a Data Management/I.T. Assistant who could assist the Project in maintaining office network, project website and developing Sustainable Land Management (SLM) database. He/she will work under the guidance of the GIS Expert/Coordinator SLM Information System (SLMIS).
Scope of work
- Providing technical and operational support to the GIS Expert for establishing GIS based SLMIS with special and numeric database (RDBMS);
- Preparing and maintaining database, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary;
- Ensuring data storage and conducting data recovery procedures;
- Providing operational support in IT related tasks related to computer hardware and software;
- Maintaining LAN of the Project Office, including trouble shooting LAN, hardware and software problems;
- Carrying day-to-day database management, including integration with GIS datasets, security and application environment;
- Planning and implementing database upgrades while ensuring continuous monitoring and evaluation changes;
- Regularly maintaining and updating the SLMP website related assignments;
- Ensuring security, integrity and backup of the database;
- Any other task assigned by his/her immediate supervisor or the National Project Coordinator.