The Security Clearances Coordinator and Database Assistant shall work under the direct supervision of the Chief Security Advisor. The incumbent shall be responsible for expediently processing a high volume of security clearance requests for all (External Missions arriving to Pakistan and Internal Missions within Pakistan) received by the UN Department of Safety and Security (DSS) office(s), as delegated by the authority of the Designated Official (DO) for Security and the Chief Security Advisor (CSA). He or She shall have the following responsibilities;
- Process Security Clearances using ISECT or if required manually/electronically.
- Coordinate with Area Field Security Coordination Officers (AFSCO) and Area Security Coordinators (ASC) in providing security clearances.
- Conduct security briefings (Pakistan Political/Security/Cultural Brief, Security Phases Brief, Security Clearance Procedures and Communications) for New Mission Arrivals in the absence of the CSA, DSA or Security Operation Officer (SOO).
- Correspond and liaise with the concerned agencies and authorities in resolving the security clearance issues in accordance with the UN Pakistan country specific Minimum Operation Security Standards (MOSS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Coordinate with the UN Common Radio Rooms for Mission tracking of UN staff members.
- Assist the CSA/DSA/SOO with the logistics of conducting security surveys of UN compounds, offices, UN international staff residences, Guest houses and any other accommodation facilities used by UN Staff.
- Assist the CSA/DSA and SOO with the logistics of conducting MOSS, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Security Clearance and Communications training to UN Staff members.
- Assist the CSA/DSA and SOO with the logistics in Country Security Plan contingency planning, Country Relocation/Evacuations exercise, and workshops in accordance with the CSA annual Plan of Action.
- Assist the CSA/DSA and SOO with the logistics in conducting Security Plan Bomb/Fire exercises as advised by the CSA in the yearly Plan of Action.
Provide support in drafting minutes of meetings at Security Focal Point Meetings and Security Management Team (SMT) meetings if required to do so by the CSA.
Manage, update and process all data required by the UNDSS. This will require the post holder to be competent in the use of both ‘Access’ and ‘Excel’ database and spreadsheet software to:
- Maintain and update the data of UN staff and their Dependents in Pakistan using UN Personnel Security Software, prepare and produce specific reports required by the CSA/DSA/SOO using MS Access or MS Excel software.
- Coordinate the UN Staff and dependants ‘Head Count’ with all UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes in Pakistan.
- Prepare weekly incident reports based on information gathered from newspaper clippings and open source material, using MS Excel.
- Prepare quarterly and weekly staff reports for UN-DSS HQ, New York.
- Assist with updating the QIR, CMOSS, Contingency, Evacuation and Security Plan documents for the CSA.
- Maintain the UN dependants Warden System for International Staff families using the ‘Sector’ system in Islamabad.
- Coordinate information management between the CSA/DSA, UNDSS offices, FSCOs, SFPs, and Wardens.
- Disseminate information to agencies in the event of emergencies and security related situations.
- Coordinate with Community Liaison Officer (CLO) for families and dependants of International staff members.
- Update the essential contact information for UNDSS to include; telephone/ mail and email addresses of all SMT/UNCT, FSCO, SFP, ASC and Wardens.
- Maintain location reports for UN locations (office and residences) in Pakistan.
- Maintain a record of contact details and (hotel) locations for all UN missions transiting through Pakistan.
- Develop and maintain the UNDSS Inventory using the appropriate Software.
- Assist with other general duties as required by the CSA.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Good IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
- Good Communication skills
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure