Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provision of reliable, timely and secure services by
i) driving office vehicles for the safe transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
ii) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating visa and customs formalities, when required.
• Ensuring availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, maps of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of all office vehicles; checks oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc.
• Performs minor repairs, arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
• Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing.
• Should any vehicle be involved in an accident, ensures that the steps required by UN / UNODC rules and regulations are followed.
• Provides administrative support services to the office.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Admin & Finance Assistant.
He/She must have strong problem-solving skills and sensitivity to gender issues. Must have ability to work under pressure and work outside main office hours when required.
The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Admin & Finance Assistant with the overall review by the Law Enforcement & Crime Prevention Adviser.