To provide technical support to SEERA / PERRA to manage and coordinate ERRA’s
water supply and sanitation (WATSAN) program in the respective earthquake affected
A. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare technical reports , and monitor implementation of public/community owned water supply and sanitation (WATSAN) schemes.
• Ensure that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and effective manner.
• To help the concerned line departments in preparation of annual work plans /PC-1s in accordance with the sectoral strategy formulated by the Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA).
• Ensure that budgetary and programmatic aspects of current and future schemes are compliant with ERRA’s guidelines.
• Carry out effective monitoring of the project’s activities, quality achievements and shortfalls as well as beneficiaries feedbacks.
• Ensure effective implementation of all the WatSan components (hard and soft ), particularly regarding Water quality and Hygiene promotion.
• Assist the respective program manager/DG (PERRA/SERRA) in regular reporting to the concerned quarters.
• Assist PERRA / SERRA to develop and support community engagement and ownership in the WATSAN and SWM programme and to engage and mobilize target communities on the benefits of the safe hygiene practices to maximize programme coverage.
• Assist in government’s efforts to bring about behavioral changes in favor of safe hygiene practices.
• Work in close collaboration with partner organizations, line departments / agencies to ensure that all interventions are appropriate to and compatible with local needs / sectoral strategy and designed to ease the burden and protect the health of the earthquake affected people.
• Coordinate the work of WATSAN coordinators at DRU level by consolidating, monitoring and supporting the DRU level work plans and progress reports
Key skills/ characteristics required:
• Knowledge of public sector functioning and rules and procedures will be preferred.
• The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
• Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasion, senior government levels.
• Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Good written and spoken English. Fluency in any local language will be an added qualification.
NOTE: The candidates will be required to support their work experience with project reports, appraisals, concept papers etc. prepared by them during that time. They will also be required to sufficiently demonstrate their commitment to the assignment, if offered, at least till the end of the initial contract period.