Support to Good Governance in Pakistan (Phase-III) is UNDP assisted nationally executed project to facilitate the designing, formulation and implementation of strategic policy options for sustainable and durable good governance in the state institutions.
The Focal Advisor – Police Reforms would assist the NRB in drafting the Police Rules emanating from the Police Order 2002 and define legal and regulatory mechanism to ensure the implementation of the Police Order.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Focal Advisor would be required to undertake the following activities:
· Prepare draft police rules from the Police Order to make the police force more professional, service oriented and free from extraneous influences and yet accountable to people.
· Assist Think Tanks in analyzing major institutional bottlenecks in police and devise an integrated policy framework to enhance the institutional capacity of these organizations in relation to the new rules, procedures and authorities to effectively undertake their assigned tasks.
· Carry out a detailed analysis to determine various entry points for institutional interventions and restructuring in the criminal justice system to ensure the provision of justice at the doorsteps of poor.
· Participate and organize training, workshops/seminars related to law enforcement system and structure.
· Review the existing prosecution service implementation and assist in drafting new prosecution rules for proper implementation of an integrated system of Police Order 2002.
· Any other work that he/she may be assigned by the Chairman NRB in consultation with the NPM/NPD.