In order to facilitate the implementation of UN reform promoting enhanced collaboration and cooperation between the agencies of the UN system in Pakistan including the development of the CCA, UNDAF, MDG Report and other common UN reform instruments, under the guidance of the Resident Coordinator, an Inter-Agency Support Unit (IASU) was established in 1993. The Unit is co-financed by all the UN agencies resident in, and serving Pakistan. It provides a variety of support services for the UN System, under the direction of the Resident Coordinator. The Inter-Agency Support Unit provides technical, administrative and logistic support to the coordination process of UN system of collaboration. These collaborative activities have become more extensive with the passage of time, reflecting on the one hand a growing appreciation by the UN agencies of the value and cost-effectiveness of collaboration and, on the other hand, increasing requests from Member States, through the General Assembly and other inter-governmental bodies.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the UN-Coordination Specialist the Young Professional (YP) will assist in close cooperation with the RCO team in the following tasks:
· Facilitation of and participation in various Thematic Working Group (TWG) Meetings, preparing Follow-Up Matrices, compiling relevant documentation in advance and dissemination to various agencies. Ensuring follow-up on input in the meeting from various Agency Heads.
· Coordinating various arrangements for the monthly Heads of Agency (HoA) meetings and other RC chaired internal meetings including the annual UN retreats and UNCT meetings. Attending above mentioned meetings and taking meeting notes/minutes. Finalizing and distributing these notes to all meeting members present. Preparing the relevant documentation in advance and its dissemination to various agencies. Ensuring follow-up on input in the meeting from various Agency Heads.
· Support to RCO Advisors and Specialists in the areas of Civil Society, Gender Equality, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Strategic Planning
· Responding to various emails regarding need for information form various agencies and individuals as and when requested by relevant people to do so.
· Correspondence with Economic Affairs Division (EAD) of Government of Pakistan, in regard to partnership with government in the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF)’s Midterm Review (MTR)
· Conducting preliminary research as and when requested to do so.