To cope with this enormous task of rehabilitation and reconstruction in the disaster affected areas after the earthquake, the Government of Pakistan has established the Earthquake Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Authority (ERRA). In response to the request from the Government of Pakistan, UNDP provided support to ERRA in carrying out its mandate through programmatic and institutional capacity building and strengthened ERRA’s capacity in programme planning and implementation, through “Technical Assistance for Management of Earthquake Early Recovery” (TAMEER) project. UNDP needs the services of a National Consultant to evaluate the progress achieved by the project. The Evaluation Specialist will be required to perform the following tasks:
1. To assess the relevance of the project.
2. To assess and comment on the project approval process
3. To assess the efficiency of implementation: quantity, quality, cost and timeliness of inputs and activities.
4. To assess the level of progress made towards achieving the output of the project and identify contributing factors and impediments;
5. to assess how the project has impacted ERRA’s reconstruction and rehabilitation of the earthquake devastated areas.
To identify areas of improvement in design, implementation and management of the project;
6. Make recommendations for course correction, if any.
7. Formulate recommendations to improve effectiveness
8. To make a presentation of the evaluation results ad recommendations.
The consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
- An inception document specifying the work plan, approach and methodology to the assignment, and an outline of the final report
- A final report of the evaluation
This is a senior level consulting position and the emoluments will be commensurate to the qualification and experience of the selected candidate