Under the overall guidance of the National Programme Director and Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Community Development Supervisor and in close cooperation with the other programme staff, the social mobilizer will perform the following tasks:
• Assist in the identification of valleys and communities to be selected for initial work.
• Assist in the development of a work plan for participatory appraisal in the villages of the selected area.
• Carry out social mobilization in rural community by establishing and developing community organizations.
• Help the community together with Programme Specialists and GOB line departments officer to identify, design and plan development proposals aimed at creating sustainable livelihood and ensure that the communities are fully involved in the implementation and monitoring of all development proposals.
• Help the communities to develop a since of ownership of the activities in and around their village and encourage self-help whenever possible.
• Encourage and assist the villagers to establish saving and credit schemes.
• Assist the community in the collection of all data related to project activities, including the baseline data about each village from time to time, to enable the Community Development Supervisors and the Programme Specialists to determine the impact of project interventions.
• Act as a link between the community and outside agencies both government and non Government including projects, programmes and donors in the district.
• Provide regular written reports to the Community Development Supervisor on activities in relation to the work plan.
• Perform any other duties as required by the Community Development Supervisor and Programme Management.