Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Duties and Responsibilities
The objective of this assignment is to provide operational support in IT related assignments and help ensure timely assistance to DTCE Directorates on computer hardware and software. IT Assistant would be required to undertake the following activities:
1. Participate in problem recognition and resolution and act as a trouble-shooter to solve computer-related hardware and software problems;
2. Develop database and information systems on user-friendly basis as per requirements of the DTCE Directorates;
3. Be responsible for functional efficiency of all project computer hardware and software and ensure proper functioning of computer equipment during official meetings and presentations to the Chairman DTCE and at other forums;
4. Prepare graphic reports, designs, spreadsheets and presentations on MS Power Point;
5. Provide assistance in word-processing, data entry, tabulation and classification of data;
6. Conduct computerised analysis and generate computer-based reports;
7. Maintain computerised roster of all documents, reports, periodicals and research papers and ensure their cataloguing;
8. Responsible for regular updating of DTCE Web site, search and download necessary data and information from other web-sites and solve any technical problem in accessing data on Web;
9. Train support staff of the DTCE in computer applied software; monitor technical capacities of various systems installed, and inform project management in cases where up-gradation of these systems is required;
10. Assist DTCE IME Teams in establishing Community Empowerment desks, close collaboration with IME CSOs; etc.
11. Any other relevant duty assigned by the concerned DTCE management;
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills in English, Urdu and working knowledge of regional/ local languages.