Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), the Office Assistant will perform day-to-day administrative and logistical duties in order to provide assistance to DTCE directorates and field operation teams. Main responsibility of Office Assistant is to facilitate DTCE teams in implementation of project activities by providing necessary logistical and administrative inputs in time.
As an Office Assistant, He/She would perform the following tasks:
1. Draft routine correspondence and notes/minutes of meetings and ensure follow up;
2. Assist the staff in editing and compiling reports, presentations and work plans;
3. Maintain policy, confidential and general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval and ensuring easy retrieve-ability of documents;
4. Classify and code material and maintain office files;
5. Maintain and update record of mailing lists, addresses & contact numbers relevant vendors, national and international organizations and their officials;
6. Maintain and update backup and bibliography of all information material and publications; papers and reports prepared by project, consultants, or counterpart organizations, including background materials, research papers, documentation on meetings, briefing notes, and working papers, etc.;
7. Assist in all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences;
8. Arrange logistic (hotel & travel) arrangements, appointments, and meetings for national/international mission members, consultants, workshop participants etc.;
9. Operate various office equipment (computer, printer, fax, photocopy machine) and facilitates their maintenance as required;
10. Keep record of photocopier usage by keeping a track record through photocopy request form, duly approved by the concerned directorates;
11. Operate binding machine i.e. spiral binding, ring binding etc.
12. Assist the Admin and Finance section in day to day affairs including accounts as well as administrative areas.
13. Maintain leave records of the staff members under the supervision of Admin Officer.
14. Assist in inviting quotations and making comparison statement for various officers needing procurements.
15. Assist in downloading the requested information from Internet.
16. Cut, paste and file Newspaper clippings.
17. Provide clerical support to senior management of DTCE as assigned;
18. Assist the concerned staff in preparing of mailing envelopes and to ensure that the mail has been delivered;
19. Undertake other duties related to project operational activities on “as and when required” basis.
20. Be responsible for inventory management of the concerned unit of both expendable and non-expendable project items;
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills in English, Urdu and working knowledge of regional/ local languages.