Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under overall supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), the Logistic Assistant will perform logistical duties in order to provide assistance to PMU, DTCE Headquarters and Field Operation Teams. Main responsibility of Logistic Assistant is to facilitate the DTCE team in implementation of project activities by providing necessary logistical and administrative inputs in time. Under the overall supervision of the National Project Director/National Project Manager and with close coordination with Administrative Officer, the Logistic Assistant would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Be responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items used in field campaigns. He/She would also be responsible for the filing management system of Field Operation Team Unit;
2. Manage all logistical, financial and administrative matters of the field campaigns, conferences and seminars with the close coordination of Administrative Officer and National Project Manager;
3. Conduct local market surveys in DTCE partner districts in relevance to field team activities and prepare procurement requests in accordance with PCOM by providing accurate information on prices, specifications, freight and source of local manufacturers/authorized dealers/ suppliers etc as and when required.
4. Assist field operation teams in arrangement of trainings/ seminars/ workshops and manage entire logistic arrangement;
5. Prepare field advance payment requests, prepare travel authorization duly signed by NPM/ NPD/CEO and other Senior Officers;
6. Keep complete record of all financial transactions from field advance during field campaigns, trainings, workshops/ seminars;
7. Maintain 100% transparency in financial terms during field campaigns;
8. Submit final claims with details of expenditures in the field with all supporting documentations attached before submission to National Project Manager for signature;
9. Develop and maintain address database consisting of complete mailing addresses, telephone, fax and mobile contact numbers of relevant organizations, individuals and agencies, which would be helpful in order to perform day to day administrative and logistics matters;
10. Undertake any other duties related to project field operational activities on “as and when required” basis.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills in English, Urdu and working knowledge of local language.