Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under overall supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), the Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and logistical duties in order to provide assistance to Field Operation Teams at DTCE Headquarters and in the field. Main responsibility of Administrative Assistant is to facilitate DTCE teams in implementation of project activities by providing necessary logistical and administrative inputs in time.
As an Administrative Assistant, He/She would perform the following tasks:
1. Provide administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles, maintenance and transportation in accordance with UNDP guidelines.
2. Assist Finance Section in disbursement of salaries, DSA claims, travel claims, operating expenses, leave record etc.
3. Maintain all files relating to administration matters.
4. Maintain service agreements for security, equipment and vehicles agreed upon with different vendors.
5. Be responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items used in field campaigns. Also be responsible for maintenance of the filing management system of Field Operation Teams;
6. Deal with all logistical, financial and administrative matters of the field campaigns, conferences and seminars with the close coordination of Administrative Officer and National Project Manager;
7. Conduct local market surveys and prepare procurement requests in accordance with PCOM by providing accurate information on prices, specifications, freight and source of local manufacturers/authorized dealers/ suppliers etc as and when required.
8. Prepare travel claims of the field operation team members with complete assurance that all the supporting documentations are attached before submission to Finance Manager/National Project Manager for signature;
9. Prepare an address database, consisting of complete mailing addresses, telephone, fax and mobile contact numbers of relevant organizations, individuals and agencies, which would be helpful in order to perform day to day administrative matters;
10. Undertake logistical arrangements for the project field operation teams as and when required;
11. Keep a track of all incoming and outgoing correspondence in Field Operations Team Unit and ensure follow-up action within the project;
12. Undertake any other duties related to project field operational activities as per requirements.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills in English, Urdu and working knowledge of regional/ local languages.