Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) is a registered entity, which aims at creating an enabling environment for citizen participation and community empowerment in Pakistan. DTCE has been funded by a consortium of donors under the umbrella of UNDP Support NEX Project “Support to DTCE”. Details can be found at www.dtce.org.pk
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), the Sr. Finance Assistant will perform financial, logistic and administrative duties to provide assistance in implementation of activities at DTCE Headquarter and in the field. In this connection he/ she will undertake the following responsibilities:
1. Prepare budget forecasts and estimates for annual and quarterly action plans, project proposals and other related documents, which involve financial forecasting, budgeting and accounts.
2. Manage utilisation of quarterly advances in accordance with plan of action in collaboration with NPM and keep track of all project funds received, disbursements, financial obligations and advances.
3. Develop and process requests for advances to the Country Office and ensure settlement of all advances in accordance with UNDP corporate guidelines and financial procedures.
4. Prepare and process project related payments and salaries of project staff and consultants and coordinate with the bank for timely releases of such payments to the parties concerned.
5. Prepare and process tender documents, invite bids from open market, prepare bids tabulation and ensure financial transparency and accountability in all project related procurements, subcontracting and outsourcing.
6. Resolve issues pertaining to payment of taxes and duties on project related procurements, shipments and transactions and initiate necessary follow-up with the agencies concerned.
7. Manage the utilisation of project petty expenses and keep a track of petty cash expenditure in line with standard financial procedures.
8. Prepare and maintain financial disbursement ledger for monitoring and controlling of expenditures in line with the financial management procedures of UNDP;
9. Prepare financial reports along with all relevant documents on regular basis for submission to NPM for payment/ settlements;
10. Responsible to deal with all logistical, financial and administrative matters of the workshops, meetings, conferences and seminars with the close coordination of Administrative Officer and NPM;
11. Prepare payment requests/ travel claims and ensure that all supporting documentations as per PCOM are attached before submission to Internal Auditor and NPM for signatures;
12. Responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items.
13. Responsible for the financial filing management system of PMU;
14. Conduct local market surveys and prepare procurement requests in accordance with PCOM by providing accurate information on prices, specifications, freight and source of local manufacturers/authorized dealers/ suppliers etc.
15. Facilitate auditors during annual/quarterly project audit;
16. Keep track of all advances released to Field Operation Team for local expenditure and complete necessary documentation for settlement of such advances;
17. Manage logistical and financial arrangements for the Field Operation Team(s);
18. Ensure strict pursuance of financial rules and regulation, maintain a system of internal audit and control in all financial transactions, facilitate external auditors in annual audits and ensure follow-up actions.
19. Any other field or administrative duties related to project operational activities on “as and when required” basis.