Bio Saline II (October 2006 – September 2010) aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Project requires the services of a Human Resource Development Associate who will report to Sr. Admin and Finance Officer and will undertake the following activities.
Scope of work
* Designing the HRD component of the project and develop system needed to implement it, including:-
o Identification of training needs of participating village communities and project staff;
o Developing sector and area specific skill development packages including their curricula
* Establishing baseline data for subsequent impact assessment in the field for the skills developed
* Oversee implementation of the human resource development programme, including guiding and technically supervising implementation of different HRD activities;
* Collaborating with other Specialists for strategic planning, development of annual work plan, design and adoption of monitoring formats for HRD activities, regular assessment and planning exercise.
* Provide sectoral input into the planning and budgetary process, including: Establishing collaborative linkages with other development institutions and public service department whose resources could be utilised for furtherance of project's HRD objectives;
* Developing interventions for gender sensitivities and perspectives based on guidance received from the Project Director and the Project Manager
* Preparing monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports about HRD activities for compilation by the M & E Specialist.
* Work closely with other departments, assisting staff to understand and implement HR policies and procedures;
* Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
Liaising with a wide range of organisation’s involved in areas such as gender sensitivity, disability, health, insurance and safety;
* Where needed, developing job descriptions, prepare advertisements, checking application, initiate short listing process, arrange interviews and process minutes;
* Facilitate preparation of performance appraisal forms, coordinate with Administrative Officer on disciplinary procedures and leave management
* Develop, update and maintain the file management system and other related documents;
* Resolve day to day HR issues of staff in consultation with National Project Manger and Administrative Officer and Manage leave monitoring system, leave records, daily attendance sheets;
* Prepare and publish vacancy advertisement in the newspapers, update all personnel files accordingly and maintain staff contracts extension sheet;