Bio Saline II (October 2006 – September 2010) aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Office Assistant will report to the Sr. Admin and Finance Officer if based at the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) level, Project Manager and head of SFRI if based in Soil Fertility Research Institute (SFRI) and In-charge of concerned Field Unit if based in the Field Unit.
Scope of work
* Must have organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and the willingness to contribute to a team effort
* Maintain and update record of mailing lists, addresses & contact numbers of NG0s, government organizations, research institutes, donors and other national and international organizations and their officials;
* Assist the Admin. and Finance Officer / Assistants in the PIU and DIU in day-to-day operations e.g confirmation/arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings, missions and conferences and liaise with different sections of the project as and when required for facilitation and follow up;
* Telephone messages for those staff members who might not be in a position to attend to their call on account of involvement in official business;
* Maintain telephone log; enter all outgoing/outstation call; capable enough to identify personal calls from official calls and bill them accordingly;
* Receive incoming mail, distribution to concern; likewise ensuing outgoing mail by informing the courier service provider;
* Maintain publicity and promotion material by arranging these in proper shelves and to keep a proper check so that such valuable assets are not shifted in unauthorized manner;
* Assist programme team members to photocopy documents, prepare sets of reports, binding and stapling.
* Assist in inviting quotations and making comparison statements for various offices needing procurements.
* Assist in downloading the requested information from Internet.
* Assist to prepare Power Point presentations; layouts and encoding of documents
* Perform other duties as required.
Equally qualified women are encouraged to apply