Thematic Working Groups (TWG) constitute of United Nations agencies working together as part of the “Delivering as One” reform process specifically focusing on a collaborated vision of developing and managing joint programmes.
To reach common goal of joint programming, TWGs have agreed to hire a consultant or service provider company for the following:
Training and workshop facilitator:
The incumbent or the service provider company will work under the direct supervision of the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO), Pakistan and provide facilitation services to the thematic working groups. The incumbent will work with the group members and RCO on various training and workshop events.
The main tasks under this function will include the following:
1. Facilitator must possess advance knowledge of facilitation and techniques required to engage specific working groups. The incumbent should be familiar with tools such as SWOT and Stakeholders analyses and Prioritization workshops. The facilitator will work closely with experts for the SWOT analysis, the Stakeholder analysis, prioritization and others both individually and as a team to deliver the expected outputs from workshops.
2. The Facilitator will help the co-chairs and the core group to organize the workshop. They will meet with TWG members and build consensus on workshop agenda and share in pre-workshop TWG meetings. The Facilitator will hold meetings with co-facilitators and help them to organize their material for the sessions and provide ideas for better delivery keeping in view focused approach to session end goal. They will also create and organize other material needed for the workshop such as agenda, handouts, power point presentation etc. All administrative support will be given by RCO staff for such event.
3. The Facilitator will have a knowledge of Team Building Tools and exercises to be used in conducting suitable team-building exercises.
4. On completion of workshops, participate in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the facilitation/training through participant questionnaires and debriefing sessions with TWG Co-chairs and RCO and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Train key individuals both in the RCO and TWGs on “how to facilitate effective workshops”. The people receiving the training will form the core group for the workshops.
The expert would be responsible for ensuring that in his/her respective areas of specialization he/she meet the stated objectives of all the TWGs and sub-groups. The expert will provide analysis for his/her area of work in the form of written reports and provide ideas to improve the productivity of the group(s) they are working with to reach the common goal of joint programmes in the thematic areas