The project ‘Gender Promotion In The Garment / Clothing Sector Through Skills Development’ aims
“To reduce poverty and empower female garment workers through skills development and private sector partnerships”. The project goal is designed to be achieved through implementation of three interrelated project outputs. These objectives cover the areas of accessible training units, dissemination of best practices in garment training, capacity building of institutions to enable them support gender mainstreaming and sustainability of the overall agenda.
Tasks and Responsibilities.
1. Draft routine correspondence and notes/minutes of meetings and ensure follow up;
2. Assist the staff in editing and compiling reports, presentations and work plans;
3. Maintain policy, confidential and general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval and ensuring easy retrieve-ability of documents;
4. Classify and code material and maintain office files;
5. Maintain and update record of mailing lists, addresses & contact numbers of Garment and clothing sector , research institutes, other national and international organizations and their officials;
6. Maintain and update electronic backup and bibliography of all information material and publications; papers and reports prepared by project, consultants, or counterpart organizations, including background materials, research papers, documentation on meetings, briefing notes, and working papers, etc.;
7. Schedule the appointments and meetings for staff/ Consultants and other project related officials
8. Arrange external meetings and appointments and perform liaison duties with other organizations;
9. Assist in all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences;
10. Arrange logistic (hotel & travel) arrangements, appointments, and meetings for national/international mission members, consultants, workshop participants etc.;
11. Operate various office equipment (computer, printer, fax, photocopy machine) and facilitates their maintenance as required;
12. Assist the Admin and Finance officer in day to day affairs including accounts as well as administrative areas.
13. Assist the Research officer in his research activities.
14. Maintain leave records of the staff members under the supervision of Admin/Finance officer.
15. Assist in inviting quotations and making comparison statement for various officers needing procurements.
16. Assist in downloading the requested information from Internet.
17. Assist to prepare Power Point presentations; layouts and encoding of documents
18. Cut, paste and file Newspaper clippings.
19. Perform any other duties as required.
Equally qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.