Background and Rationale
NWFP – Essential Institutional Reforms Operationalisation Programme (EIROP) is a joint venture of the Government of NWFP, UNDP and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and is executed by the Planning & Development Department of the Government of NWFP. EIROP aims at promoting good governance, institutional reforms, gender-sensitive and participatory capacity building of state functionaries, public representatives and civil society in NWFP. In its phase II EIROP is to focus on issues of participation, responsiveness and accountability.
The AO will serve as one of the core staff member and provide substantive support and report directly to NPM/NPD.
Duties and Responsibilities
He/she will be responsible for several tasks, which include:
1. Scrutinize/Process procurement requests in consultation with Project Manager/NPD and in accordance with the laid down procedure in PCOM. Prepare procurement requests by providing accurate manufacturers information on prices, asset specifications, freight, Target Arrival Date (TAD) and source out local manufacturers/authorized dealers/suppliers etc.
2. Prepare tender documents-both local/off shore procurement in full consultation with project management and UNDP Logistics Unit.
3. Initiate/check suppliers invoice and process payment requests both at project as well as UNDP’s level & supervise project assets through inventory control system.
4. Prepare contracts for resource persons/short-term experts/contractors/service providers.
5. Make travel arrangements for project staff/nominees and assist in processing the travel claims.
6. Responsible for administrative and logistical arrangements of meetings and workshops and record keeping in line with UNDP rules.
7. Preparation of ToRs and initiation of recruitment process in light of PCOM and in consultation with project management; also formulate requests for staff extension.
8. Ensure that all technical staff is provided adequate support for smooth functioning of their activities.
9. Supervise the administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment’s, vehicles and transport in accordance with the guideline of the project management.
10. Supervise service agreements for equipment’s and vehicles & the activities of the administrative support personnel.
11. Assist in production of publication material (reports, newsletters, brochures etc.).
12. Prepare different correspondences on the above matters & ensure follow up system.
13. Any other duty/responsibility given by the project management from time to time.