The Gender Justice and Protection Project aims is “to bring about a sustainable reduction in violence against women in accordance with the government’s policy commitments”, with an objective “to create and support mechanism to support a sustainable reduction in Violence Against Women (VAW) in Pakistan”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The advocacy and communication specialist will be responsible for the following:
• To refine/develop & help implement communication strategy and polices by assessing information dissemination needs inline with the Projects’ strategic objectives
• To market the project for greater visibility and access of the target population to Project services
• To manage project’s communications operations both internal and external
• To recommend and oversee the development and implementation of efficient internal communication protocols
• To act as project Communications Focal Person & develop/modify/refine the Project communication strategy and manage various activities related to media
• To manage the Project’s media related activities, including but not limited to organizing meetings with media representatives, editors, senior columnists, owners of media channels/newspapers and with other stakeholder in line with project visibility policy/communications strategy
• To organize media events such as: press conferences, interviews of key project staff and stakeholders on public & private channels of TV & radio, newspapers, magazines, and journals, etc.
• To supervise the development of publications, hardcopy, multimedia and/ or web-based, and provide quality control in line with the Project’s corporate identity standards
• To ensure that regular publications (case studies, research reports/ papers, Project updates, occasional papers, newsletters, etc.) are printed, and updated (in case of website) in a timely and consistent manner
• To review the information on the UNDP website(s) on a regular basis and provide content development support and ensure web-site promotion on regular basis
• Be the Project Focal Person/website moderator for regular maintenance, updation and smooth performance of the UNDP website and ensure that all project related activities are projected on the website.
• To work in close coordination with projects being funded through GJP in determining information requirement and needs/ rights for access. In addition, provide support to the projects in establishing effective knowledge management mechanisms
• To maintain regular liaison with all partner organization in order to identify communication needs; provide necessary support accordingly
• To document case studies, lessons learnt, etc. for Project web-site, advocacy campaigns and reports
• To regularly visit the partner organizations being funded through GJP for backstopping and providing communications support, development/publication of Project newsletter/s as and when required
• Assist the partner organizations seeking funding to complete the project proposal format in accordance with the requirements set.
• To perform any other duties as required by the National Project Manager (NPM) for achieving the above objectives
• Perform any other duties as required.
The Advocacy and Communication Expert will report to National Project Manager