The reconstruction of the approximately 400,000 destroyed or seriously damaged housing will be supported through a compensation package that will provide Rs 175,000 to completely destroyed houses and Rs 75,000 to partially damaged/retrofittable houses. The Government policy is that households should be responsible for reconstructing their houses and that such reconstruction be owner driven. The reconstruction process is recognized as an opportunity to “build back better” by incorporating basic earthquake resistant construction techniques and materials in all new or retrofitted housing.
In order to achieve the objective of rebuilding earthquake resistant housing and given strongly engrained traditional building practices, there is an urgent need to ensure that all stakeholders be fully aware of how best to rebuild; to ensure that training is available to all concerned; and that technical advice is on hand for both the authorities (at all levels) and those directly engaged in reconstruction.
In this context, under the umbrella of the Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Agency (ERRA), 12 Housing Reconstruction Centres (HRCs) have been established in Pakistan AK and NWFP. These resource centres provide training, technical assistance, information and awareness, monitoring, and coordination services to Partner Organizations, government authorities, artisans, and the general public in support of earthquake-resistant rural housing reconstruction
To support these programmes, UN-Habitat is looking for the service of a Finance Assistant who will provide assistance and support to the Programme Support Unit (PSU) headed by a Programme Management Officer(PMO) as related to the following tasks.
• Check and verify overall field financial reports and ensure that expenditures are in line with the UN financial rules and regulations and accompanied by adequate supporting documents.
• Provide continuous feedback to the field offices in cases of differences in cash books and cash requisition forms.
• Raise obligations documents and preparation of disbursement vouchers for all projects as per the approved documents in the financial system (IABS).
• Preparation of monthly financial reports for submission to HQ.
• Reconciliation of the monthly bank statement with those of the HABITAT disbursement records and preparation of bank reconciliation statements.
• Periodic visit to field offices and assist Finance staff in conducting Finance/Admin Workshops.
• Monitoring and reconciling accounts payable and receivables;
• Assist Sr. Finance Officer in the management of the project bank accounts, petty cash accounts.
• Periodically reviewing of programme budget, budgets revisions according to the projected monthly cash outflow;
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
• Maintenance of all records and files related to banking, finance and accounting;
• Maintain proper filing system in the Finance Unit;
• Any other tasks that fall within the competency of the incumbent.
Please note that applications received after the closing date stated above, will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview. In line with UN-HABITAT policy on gender equity, applications from female candidates will be particularly welcome.