The Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas programme (RAHA) has been designed to promote regional stability and compensate for the social, economic and environmental consequences wrought on Pakistani communities by the presence of more than 3 million Afghans over the past 30 years. For the 1.7 million registered Afghans remaining in Pakistan after the large-scale repatriation since 2002, the programme is promoting peaceful co-existence with local communities until conditions in Afghanistan are conducive for their return. The Programme: The overall objective of the RAHA programme is to improve livelihoods, rehabilitate the environment and enhance social cohesion within communities of refugee-affected and hosting areas. Public services are being improved and policies made more effective by strengthening the capacities of the government, community institutions and vulnerable groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the guidance and supervision of Infrastructure Development Coordinator and the Programme Manager, the field engineer will perform the following duties;
• To conduct survey and feasibility of the community based physical infrastructure schemes identified by the community organizations.
• To prepare cost estimates on the basis of prevailing market rates analysis of raw materials and or according to the schedule rates of the governments, where applicable.
• To provide technical guidance to the community in the implementation of Community based infrastructure schemes approved by the PMU.
• To carry out technical monitoring of the community based schemes as per the approved designs and costs estimates and submit reports to the PMU.
• To verify and authenticate the quantity and quality of work on the CPIs according to approved design parameters and budget estimates and recommend necessary actions for efficient delivery and completion of schemes.
• To support the line departments in designing and preparing PC-1s of the identified schemes.
• To provide guidance for operation & maintenance of the CPIs by the community organizations.
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
• To submit weekly and monthly progress reports to the Regional office and PMU.
3 years of proven relevant work experience;
• Willingness to work in difficult and remote regions;
• Availability for numerous visits outside the base location;
• Good oral and written communication skills in English;
• Excellent team building skills;
• Proficient in MS Office, internet and e. mail
BTech / Bachelor degree in engineering.