Refugee Affected and Hosting Area programme has been initiated under one UN programme to improve livelihoods, rehabilitate the environment and enhance social cohesion within communities of refugee-affected and hosting areas. Public services will be improved and policies made more effective by strengthening the capacities of the government, community institutions and vulnerable groups. In this programme crosscutting issues relating to human rights, gender equality, civil society engagement and refugees will be addressed.
The positions mentioned below have been created under UNDP RAHA program being implemented in nine districts of KPK and Baluchistan. Junior Social Organizer (JSO) will be working under the overall supervision of the Regional Manager and the direct supervision of Social Cohesion Coordinator and be responsible for:
1) Provide support/facilitate the social organizer to ensure the conduction of Situational Analysis at targeted areas/villages by using PRA, RRA tools.
2) Organizing Community Based Organizations (COs) and mobilizing the communities for carrying out the project activities.
3) Conduct Participatory Resource Constraints Analysis (PRCA) at COs level according to all project components through ensuring development of Population Chart, Import & Export Chart, Poverty Score Card analysis and need identification and prioritization in the communities.
4) Participating in the preparation of benchmarks and monitoring plan for all the project components at COs level.
5) Ensure/facilitate the newly elected office bearers of COs to participate in the planned capacity building programmes and ensure record keeping through passed resolutions of the concerned COs.
6) Facilitate the organized communities in formulation of Micro Investment Plans (MIPs) at household level.
7) Facilitate and provide complete support to the social organizer and regional team as well as the communities in identification of Community Physical Infrastructure interventions according to prescribed criteria under RAHA programme.
8) Facilitate and provide support to the social organizer and technical field team i.e. field engineer as well as communities to formulate the Operation and Maintenance committees (O&M), Project Planning, Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation.
9) Facilitate and provide support to the social organizer and regional teamin the Training Need Assessment of the potential trainees at COs level and ensuring the selection process of the trainees for capacity building and Livelihood trainings prescribed under RAHA programme.
10) Conduct and participate in the follow ups of COs against the benchmarks and according to the monitoring plan for all the project components.
11) Regular develop and provide monthly, weekly and daily work plans by ensuring regional approvals as far as submit monthly progress reports against the targets.
12) Facilitate region to Develop, submit and provide inputs to the M&E Framework on the achievements of the programme activities.
3 years of proven work experience in community mobilization;
• Willingness to work in difficult and remote regions/areas;
• Availability for numerous visits outside the base location;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent team building skills;
• Knowledge of basic computer skills;
Intermediate, High School / A Levels (12 Years)